Generator sales in Jacksonville, Florida is just one of the many services provided by American Electrical Contracting, Inc. We size, sell, install & service Standby Generators for Residential & Commercial applications. As one of Northern Florida’s most trusted providers of generators & generator service we represent some of the best products in the industry.
- General Electric
- Briggs & Stratton
- Other major commercial & residential generators
Our factory trained crews engage in ongoing training & can keep your generator running reliably, for years.
There are many reasons to buy a generator, ranging from necessity to luxury. Here are a few, which ones apply to you.
- We have frequent power outages.
- My business needs constant power.
- Medical reasons, I have a sick family member.
- I don’t want my food to spoil.
- I cannot stand being without power!
- Protect my investment in salt water fish.
- I just want one./strong>
Whatever your reason for purchasing a standby generator for your home or business, keep in mind that the generator is only one component in your total backup solution. The list below tells you what else is required. All requirements are taken care of or managed by American Electrical Contracting, for you. We are not a big box or home store. We have the expertise to install & service generators, making everything easy for you.
Requirements for Purchasing a Standby Generator
- Size the generator – Determine what size generator you need based on which circuits you want to backup & your budget. This can range from a few emergency circuits to your entire home or building.
- Transfer Switch – An Automatic Transfer or Manual Switch is required to control your generator. The automatic transfer switch senses when your utility power goes out & automatically starts the generator & stops it when utility power returns. With a manual transfer switch, you use it to turn the generator on & off. The big advantage of the automatic transfer switch, is no worries operation. It takes care of your power when you are not available. If you are on vacation & the power goes out everything is under its control.
- A fuel source – for the generator is also required. For conventional generators this can be Liquid Propane, Natural Gas, or Diesel. Some generators, (IPS), will run from special batteries & recharge when electricity is restored from an electrical outlet or from solar panels.
- Everything has to be connected together & then inspected by the City Inspector. Both gas & electrical installation will be inspected by your City Inspectors. We make the arrangements for you. Once the installation is approved, you’ll have backup power for your business or home. Power outages are no longer an issue for you.
All of the above combined is what makes up the total price of purchasing a standby generator. With American Electrical Contracting, Inc. you can relax because professionals are on the job. We will take care of everything for you, including Generator Service after the sale regardless, of whether you purchased from us or not.
For those looking to understand the difference between Standby (Home Standby) & Portable Generators it is rather simple. As the name implies the portable generators can be moved with these key differences when compared to standby generators:
- Portables are typically small in size & power output, although a few large portables go up to about 15KW & can power a small home.
- They are powered by gasoline so you have to refill your gas tank which can be a big inconvenience.
- They typically power the devices that are plugged into them. ( Watch Automatic vs. Portable Video)
- All manual operation. You turn the transfer switch on and off, in addition to the generator, as needed.
Although the portables do not offer the convenience of a standby they are typically inexpensive & are the right solution for many people. Although we do not sell portable generators we can connect them to your main electrical system, eliminating the extension cords & the hazards of using them making them safer to use.*
Generator Q & A
Without going into exhaustive detail here is a quick snap shot of what you need to know, some questions you may have when thinking about a generator purchase & why you should buy from American Electrical Contracting, Inc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN PLANNING A GENERATOR PURCHASE
- What is your budget? We sell Standby Generators. Standby generators cost thousands of dollars not hundreds. When purchased with an Automatic Transfer Switch, they automatically turn on or off based on the presence or absence of utility power.
- What circuits do you want to backup? Some customers backup their entire home. Others backup their emergency circuits only, like the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. By prioritizing your needs & selecting a generator to meet those needs, we can fit most reasonable budgets.
- What powers the generator? Liquid Propane (LP), Natural gas or diesel are the fuel sources for conventional generators. For condo’s, high rises & some medical applications, we have indoor power sources that do not produce exhaust or noise & be recharged by solar panels or electricity upon the return of utility power.
- Do I get a warranty with the generator & if so, how long? Depending on the manufacturer, for residential customers, the standard warranty is 2-4 years, with extended warranty, up to 5 years. Warranties typically cover parts & labor for the first few years & parts only in the last year.
- Does a home standby generator need to be serviced, if so, how often? Generators need to be serviced or at least checked 1 time per year, depending on usage. The warranties do not cover regular service requirements. Service is an owner’s responsibility. American Electrical Contracting has factory trained crews & is authorized to service various generators. Let us service your standby generator.
If you have additional questions give us a call & we will be happy to assist you.
*When using a portable generator be sure to read your owner’s manual & NEVER operate them in the garage or anywhere where their dangerous carbon monoxide fumes can seep into your home or business
Reasons to Buy From Us
THE TOP TEN REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY YOUR GENERATOR FROM
AMERICAN ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING, INC.
- Over 20 years of generator experience on staff.
- Prompt professional, courteous service.
- Your generator will be sized correctly to meet your needs.
- Our factory trained electricians will install your generator correctly.
- We are your maintenance company after the sale.*
- We are a licensed Electrical Contractor trained to recognize & fix any electrical issues.
- Nationally recognized generator brands like, Generac, General Electric, Briggs & Stratton & others.
- Single point of contact for the complete installation, gas & permits included.
- Products for a wide variety of applications.
- Financing available* *
“We Have, The Power to Change Your Life.”
* We are the first company you should think of for backup power.
** We do not service portable generators but we will install a transfer switch allowing you to use your portable generator safely, without extension cords.
*** Financing through referred 3rd parties & manufacturer not American Electrical Contracting, Inc.